Skip to main content

Advanced Feature

For this feature piece we chose to talk about finals, because they are coming up which makes it a very timely topic. We fist started of writing a script to follow so we would have an idea of what we were doing. We then found a couple people that would be willing to get interviewed and scheduled dates to film then. After that we filmed B-Roll and interviewed the students.

My role in this process was to direct the group and schedule deadlines. I made sure everyone was working together to get work done on time. I thought I did an okay job of directing my group, but felt that I could have stepped in and helped more in certain areas.

I approached this assignment differently by collecting more B-Roll, and using mics for interviews. I definitely collected more B-Roll then my last piece, but I still thought there could have been more. We also used mics for our interviews which made a huge difference in audio quality.

What I learned from this is always collect more B-Roll thank you think you will need that will come in very helpful when it comes to editing. Teamwork and collaboration also hold a group together and you wouldn't be able to do anything without it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logo Project

The Process  I started the process by filing pages in my sketch book with ruff and simple designs. I then narrowed it down to three designs, which I then made a final copy for each. I showed these three designs to Mr. Olsen, and he helped me to chose the best one. I took this design into Adobe Illustrator and started making the final design. I messed around with various angles, colors, and and shapes until I found what looked best for me. Decisions  I wanted a logo that was going to look very sharp and professional so decided to use a an abstract B with a lot of 45 degree angles. I also chose to use a square to contain my logo because it brings the design together and contains it well. I didn't want to use a lot bright colors because I wanted to stick to the simple and professional theme so I chose to us black and grey. Overall I'm very happy with the outcome of my logo.

Typography Project

Typography Project Overview  For our typography project we had to write our name in adobe illustrator and label the different parts. This project was meant to help us understand the different parts of text, and fonts, and it did a good at that. What we Learned   We leaned a variety of text vocabulary such as shoulder, counter, ear, bowl, and many more. It also helped us get more familiar with the program Adobe Illustrator. Overall it was a great learning experience. How Did it go Overall this was a great project that taught us a lot about typography, and Adobe illustrator. It was all so a very fun project, it was very interesting to see what our names were made out of. Overall this was a very fun and educational project.

How To Print a Document

Creative Process It all started with a story board where we through down our most basic ideas on paper. The story board showed what types of shots they would be and where they would take place. Then we went out and shots stills which we latter turned into a slide show. After that we shot the video clips, I acted and Drew filmed. And finally we took the clips into Premier and sequenced and edited them. What We Learned  We learned a lot of things but probably the most important was the rule of thirds and how to line up the shots. Without out this our whole project would just look weird and off. Another thing we learned was how to do basic editing in Premier such as cutting our clips, sequencing them, and how to insert audio.  Overview and Thoughts  I thought this project was fun and educational and a great intro to film. I honestly couldn't find anything I would do to make this project better. Overall I really liked this project and thought i...