Skip to main content

ONW Now

For my groups ONW Now video we had to make a news piece. We chose to do our piece on the underclassmen play "And Then There Were None"; a very interesting murder mystery. We started by brain storming questions to ask some of the cast members. Then we interviewed them and collected B-roll of the play.

After that we started editing the piece. We use the lower thirds specific to ONW Now for consistency. We also had to change the audio levels to make sure certain parts weren't too loud or too quite. I was responsible for creating the voice over for video. I also played a big part in editing.

Overall I thought this project was a success and went pretty well, but I do think if we had more time we could have made it a lot better. I thought this was a great project to get us introduced to one of the several strands of video next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logo Project

The Process  I started the process by filing pages in my sketch book with ruff and simple designs. I then narrowed it down to three designs, which I then made a final copy for each. I showed these three designs to Mr. Olsen, and he helped me to chose the best one. I took this design into Adobe Illustrator and started making the final design. I messed around with various angles, colors, and and shapes until I found what looked best for me. Decisions  I wanted a logo that was going to look very sharp and professional so decided to use a an abstract B with a lot of 45 degree angles. I also chose to use a square to contain my logo because it brings the design together and contains it well. I didn't want to use a lot bright colors because I wanted to stick to the simple and professional theme so I chose to us black and grey. Overall I'm very happy with the outcome of my logo.

Typography Project

Typography Project Overview  For our typography project we had to write our name in adobe illustrator and label the different parts. This project was meant to help us understand the different parts of text, and fonts, and it did a good at that. What we Learned   We leaned a variety of text vocabulary such as shoulder, counter, ear, bowl, and many more. It also helped us get more familiar with the program Adobe Illustrator. Overall it was a great learning experience. How Did it go Overall this was a great project that taught us a lot about typography, and Adobe illustrator. It was all so a very fun project, it was very interesting to see what our names were made out of. Overall this was a very fun and educational project.

Self Reflection

Describe For my self-portrait I chose to film a comedy skit. It was a parody of survival videos made by people like Bear Grylle's. What this shows about me is that I like to make people smile and laugh. I always try to incorporate comedy into whatever I do to lighten the mood. This video also shows that I don't just give up when things don't go my way, because it started to rain and I continued film anyways. Explain I chose to film the video outside because it was meant to be a survival skit, but weather was not on our side and it decided to rain. In the end it was a good thing though because it added to the comedic affect. I also chose to film and zoom in an amateur way to try and make the video funnier. I didn't really have a choice for the lighting because it was overcast, and i don't have any studio lights, but it turned out fine anyways.  Reflect One of the challenges I faced was that the audio got washed out because of the heavy rain in the backgr...