Skip to main content

Senior Final

 Throughout my eComm career my favorite three projects have been my Levis commercial, Wimp, and Kingfisher. These video projects have taught me so many valuable skills and were a blast to work on.


Levis Commercial 

This is a project I completed towards the beginning of junior year. The goal was to create a captivating commercial in 30 second format. We chose to do Levis and picked downtown as our location to film. This was my first big project I worked on and it was so much fun getting to go downtown with my group. While on set the seniors taught me many valuable and key camera skills. We also were collaborating and communicating so well which made everything really fun and entertaining. During post production I was even taught how to color correct using DaVinci. Our end result turned out amazing and looked fantastic. Overall this project was so much fun and taught me so much. 


Kingfisher 

This is the Feature Film I worked on last year. The production role I took on was Production Assistant. Meaning I was in charge of making sure everyone had food and water and was satisfied, I also helped out on set in any way I could. It was just such an amazing experience being able to be on set with a whole film crew and really get to see how things work in film. Watching everyone come together and create something like a feature film is just amazing. I learned so many different things on set. I often helped the sound crew and I picked so many neat tips and tricks along the way. I also helped lighting, and it's amazing how much lighting can actually effect a film. Collaboration was key for this project in order to get it done. We all had to work together and do our parts in order for everything to work out. Unfortunately Kingfisher was cut short by covid but that didn't stop us from making an awesome trailer. Even though we never got to finish this project its still one of my most valuable experiences I have gained through eComm.


Wimp

This was my short film I worked on last year. This project taught me loads about problem solving. We had to scrap our original idea after filming about a fourth of it because it was not working out. We had to take initiative instead of giving up. We got together and brainstormed and ended up revising our script. We then resumed filming and everything went so much more smoothly. This project also taught me that pre-production is key. If you don't have solid pre-production and are missing stuff like story boards you will struggle in the production stages of your films. In the end we were able to produce a great short film that was pretty funny in my opinion. Although this project gave us a lot of trouble it taught us a lot about perseverance and allowed us all to grow as film makers.


Summary

I utilized my time in class in order to get pre-production done and schedule when I would do work outside of class. It has always been important to manage your time in order to get projects in by their deadlines. My biggest strength from eComm is definitely my communication skills and the ability to work with other in order to create. I want to continue to work on my technical skills though such as my ability to use a camera. This has been an amazing year and loved getting to know my new class. I learned so much and had a blast. Covid kind of put a damper on things but we were able to persevere and create an amazing feature film (Jack and Todds Legendary Poker Game) which I was the production assistant for. My biggest take away from this year is you just have to keep going even if thing are tough you cant just give up. Id like to thank Mrs Smith for all the incredibly valuable experiences she has granted us. She has been an amazing and dedicated teacher for these past two years. Sadly high school is ending but I will be attending KU in the fall where I hope to use all of the skills eComm has taught me. Overall I'ts been amazing but tough year full of learning experiences and growth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Video

The Kids Turned out Fine - A$AP Rocky This music video is a collage of teenagers and children messing around having fun, maybe having a little too much fun shown by drug use and law enforcement involvment. These events are seamlessly sewn together by flowing transitions and over the top editing. The line "The kids turned out fine" is repeated throughout most of the music video and is almost ironic but also comforting. There isn't much of story to this video as it is mostly disconnected events but there is a very powerful theme of kids naturally wanting to rebel and have fun. A$AP Rocky always makes sure to have a super diverse group of people for his music videos. An abundance of different cultures, races, and sexuality's are shown in this video and it really suits the theme. One of my favorite elements of this music video is the editing. Each shot pans into the next shot with over the top editing and transitions, it makes the disconnected events feel connected and

Vans Commercial

 Production  Our commercial was for Vans, the concept that we wanted to get across was that vans are a great durable shoe that bring people together.  Our pre production went really smoothly and we got our script and storyboards all done. Production also went extremely well. It was a little interesting to film at a skate park, we had to make sure not to get in anyones way but overall it was really fun. Post production could have gone better though. Our video was turned in late and it didn't meet the 30 second requirement. That is definitely something to improve on. I think we did a pretty good job on all the five guarantees except communication and project management. I would like to see things turned in on time for my next project, and to have better communication between editor and cinematographer.  Role   For this commercial I took on the production role of cinematographer. This was one of my goals I set last year: I wanted get more familiar with the camera and hone my skills. I